MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We are proud to present the 1st Annual New York City 2 Paris International Film Festival. This year’s festival will run from September 9 – 16, 2018. The festival will strive to promote an open and nurturing environment for artists, writers, actors, film-makers and fans, and will focus on offering great networking opportunities for its participants.
We will screen narratives, documentaries, short films, super shorts. We are looking for documentaries where the filmmaker had a passion, which he/she put into the film. No matter the subject, if the work has merit and the filming is well done; be it a full-length feature, a short or a super short – we are interested in viewing it. We are looking for all genres of narratives from comedy to drama and from thrillers to love stories.
Rules & Terms
Please be sure to read the submission guidelines before you mail and/or attach a link to the entry. We will try to accommodate people as much as possible. Depending on the number and date of submissions we may have limited time and resources to figure out application mistakes. Please try and be as accurate as possible.
Submissions online are the only way we can review your film, either through filmfreeway, Vimeo or YouTube. If your film is selected we will be screening all films from hard drives. Final file details will be posted here soon. But an .mov and .mpg always work.
If your submission is selected, we will notify you approximately June 28, 2018 by email. Often when we send our first email to people our emails can go to spam. Around June 15 please start to check you spam folder before deleting everything! If your film is selected to be in the festival, you will be given free admission to the festival.
We hope everyone has fun and enjoys themselves at the festival. but a few suggestions…
Please submit as soon as possible.
We strongly encourage all applicants to use online submissions. You may submit through FilmFreeway online secure video as well as a password protected vimeo/youtube link.
Please note that the ONLY difference in the early submission deadline versus the final submission deadline is the fee discount. The submission process and consideration by the Programming Committee is not affected by the date you submit your film as long as it is postmarked by our final deadline – your chances are equal regardless of the day your film makes it into our offices, as long as it is postmarked by the final deadline.
ALL films submitted to the festival are seen and scored by multiple judges. All films that have a high rating average go on to final deliberations. The Festival selects its films by majority vote.
RELEASE FORM for New York City 2 Paris International Film Festival
As a condition of entering the New York City 2 Paris International Film Festival, hereafter known as NYC2Paris, I/we hereby certify that:
1. I/we am/are the sole creators of the film, script, short stories, poems which I/we have submitted to the NYC2Paris.
2. I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to NYC2Paris.
3. I/we understand that the NYC2Paris will not return and is not obligated to return my film or any other materials I/we have submitted to the NYC2Paris.
4. I/we hereby grant the NYC2Paris the nonexclusive right to use my name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding the NYC2Paris.
5. For filmmakers: NYC2Paris may transfer the submitted material to a compilation NTSC DVD for screening, if needed, and if the submitted material is selected for screening the compilation DVD may be used by NYC2Paris for promotional purposes.
6. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless NYC2Paris, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to NYC2Paris.
7. I/we shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish and protect my/our copyright in the submitted material, and the NYC2Paris shall have no obligation with respect thereto. The NYCIFF shall have the right to reproduce all or part of said material for use in its publicity and any and all related communication directly associated with NYC2Paris.
8. I/we have read all of the festival rules, regulations and releases, understand them, and have complied with them. I/we understand that the festival rules, regulations and releases may change or be updated, and that it is my responsibility to read, understand and comply with any changes or updates.
Film Submissions are non-returnable for any reason.
If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their promotional materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. The Festival cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
In 2018 the awards will be juried. The jury will submit their ratings to a third party who will track and calculate the results. The results will be held by the third party until the evening of the awards where the results will be announced. The process for calculating the winners are;
1 – The films/videos are shown to the judges.
2 – The judges mark the ballots rating the films and other appropriate categories from 1 to 10, 10 being the best.
3 – All the scores are totaled and then divided by the number of ballots.
4 – Highest score wins.
5 – The decision of the festival is final.
Please note festival dates are subject to change.
Unfortunately, the Festival does not provide room, board or travel for filmmakers.